Pages

Thursday 28 March 2013

My report about Omaru creek


Testing Omaru Creek for  The smell,colour and turbidity

I am going to find out What is the color the smell and the turbidity of all of the different things at omaru creek. There were some clean water and some dirty water.

I am going to test this by going to different places to omaru creek and we also went to the beach.We tested a lot of places.

Resources and equipment our equipments we am going to use buckets,numbers on a ruler and a long thing to to get the water with.




Smell:


Prediction
Observation
Sea water
I said it will smell salty and strong
I was wrong it was salty
Tap water
I  said it was fresh and nice
It smelt like nothing
Omaru Creek water by culvert
I said it smelt like rotten eggs
it was fishy
Omaru Creek water by bridge
I said fumes and pungent
it was only earthy

I found out a lot of different smells some were nice and some were not nice. Also in the water by the bridge has tadpoles and some catfish too. At the colvet there are a lot of oil in the water that is why the amamals are dead and it is gross.


Colour:


Prediction
Observation
Sea water
I said  Dark and green
I was wrong it was  Clear and darker
then tap water
Tap water
I said clear and colourless
and I was right it was clear and colourless
Omaru Creek water by culvert
My prediction was chunky and moldy
and I was right it was  chunky and moldy
Omaru Creek water by bridge
I said  cloudy and murky
It was muddy and green
I found out that the water by the bridge is is not old and gross I is quite clean that is why it has got some creatures in the water by the bridge.


Turbidity:

Prediction
Observation
Sea water
I thought that the water was cloudy
It was actily clear  with bits  in the water
Tap water
My prediction was that it will be clear
I was write it is colourless and clear
Omaru Creek water by culvert
I said that it will be  bold and dark
It was actily Bold and chunky
Omaru Creek water by bridge
I said it will be not so clear
it is light green

Well I found out a lot of things like the culvert is not cleaner than the bridgewater and that it is not disgusting and murky


1 comment:

Mr Chris Marks said...

Great work with your conclusions Nikki. Please make sure you check all of your work thoroughly for spelling and punctuation. This is your goal for the next term. Check before you publish and ask a buddy if you are unsure.

Post a Comment