Tuesday, 26 November 2013
Part 1: Match the name of each plant part with it’s purpose.
1. ROOTS Part of a plant that soaks up water and minerals
2. STEM Part of a plant used for support and has tubes for minerals and water
3. LEAVES Part of a plant that makes food
4. FLOWER Part of a plant that makes seeds
5. FRUIT Part of a plant that holds the seeds
Part 2: Match each vocabulary word with it’s definition.
6. CHLOROPHYLL A green pigment that is found in plants make in their leaves
7. PHOTOSYNTHESIS The process that plants use to make energy from sunlight
8. SUGAR The type of food that plants make in their leaves
9. OXYGEN The type of gas that is released into the air after photosynthesis10. CARBON DIOXIDE The type of gas that plants need for PHOTOSYNTHESIS
Monday, 25 November 2013
Name of Ship
Name of shipping Company
Length of Ship
Date of Maiden Voyage
10th april 1912
edwid J smith
Where was the Titanic sailing to on it’s maiden voyage?
it was going to New York
Approximately how many people were on board the titanic when it left southampton?
Why do you think the titanic hit the iceberg?
because it was too long to move
why did so many people die?
there was not enough life boats
What is the signal SOS a call for?
SAVE OUR SOULS/ help?
The titanic is referred to as a ship and also a liner is the passage. Words similar in meaning are called synonyms. Can you find another word in the passage similar in meaning to ship? resul
Find words in the passage that means:
A. Cuts: Sliced
B. Died: Perished
C. First: Madin
D. Cold: Freezing
E. Crisis: Emergency
F. Saved: Rescue
Posted by Nikki at 10:09
Monday, 18 November 2013
Wednesday, 13 November 2013
Camp Benzon on Kawau Island
1. Which cove or harbour is Camp Benzon in? north cove
2. Copy an image of Kawau Island (a map) showing the cove or harbour our camp is in.
3. How many kilometres from the mainland is Kawau Island? (clue - Look at travel information)
4. Where do you catch the ferry from (what town) to get to Kawau? Sandspit
5. List 6 activities you can do at camp. (clue - Look camp activities) Sports, Adventure Playground, Fitness Trial, Swimming and Walking.
6. Find out (google) what a ‘burma trail’ is. (clue - search in google)
Rope Trial in the bushes.
7. List 5 native birds common to Kawau island and label them. (clue - search in flora and fauna on the kawau site - fauna means animals) Kauri Bark, Silver Ferns, Kidney Fern, Star Fungi, Coral Fungi and Pohutukawa Flower.
8. How many kayaks are there? (clue - Look camp activities) There are 24 kayaks
9. wow I am excited to go to kawau island I am mostly looking forward to kayaking with all of my friends
10. What is the main (most predominant) native tree on Kawau (clue - search in flora and fauna on the kawau site - flora means plants)
Posted by Nikki at 10:37