Part 1: Match the name of each plant part with it’s purpose.
1. ROOTS Part of a plant that soaks up water and minerals
2. STEM Part of a plant used for support and has tubes for minerals and water
3. LEAVES Part of a plant that makes food
4. FLOWER Part of a plant that makes seeds
5. FRUIT Part of a plant that holds the seeds
Part 2: Match each vocabulary word with it’s definition.
6. CHLOROPHYLL A green pigment that is found in plants make in their leaves
7. PHOTOSYNTHESIS The process that plants use to make energy from sunlight
8. SUGAR The type of food that plants make in their leaves
9. OXYGEN The type of gas that is released into the air after photosynthesis10. CARBON DIOXIDE The type of gas that plants need for PHOTOSYNTHESIS