Camp Benzon on Kawau Island
1. Which cove or harbour is Camp Benzon in? north cove
2. Copy an image of Kawau Island (a map) showing the cove or harbour our camp is in.
3. How many kilometres from the mainland is Kawau Island? (clue - Look at travel information)
4. Where do you catch the ferry from (what town) to get to Kawau? Sandspit
5. List 6 activities you can do at camp. (clue - Look camp activities) Sports, Adventure Playground, Fitness Trial, Swimming and Walking.
6. Find out (google) what a ‘burma trail’ is. (clue - search in google)
Rope Trial in the bushes.
7. List 5 native birds common to Kawau island and label them. (clue - search in flora and fauna on the kawau site - fauna means animals) Kauri Bark, Silver Ferns, Kidney Fern, Star Fungi, Coral Fungi and Pohutukawa Flower.
8. How many kayaks are there? (clue - Look camp activities) There are 24 kayaks
9. wow I am excited to go to kawau island I am mostly looking forward to kayaking with all of my friends
10. What is the main (most predominant) native tree on Kawau (clue - search in flora and fauna on the kawau site - flora means plants)